Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pending game of Tetris with a 28 foot trailer

You must be familiar with the game Tetris. It was an old video game which requires seemingly unimportant skills to move and flip shapes as they fall into the most favorable positions. As we embark on the task to fit all of our belongings into a 28ft enclosed car hauler, I find myself reminiscing on how much I sucked at that game. Although, I fondly remember loving Dr. Mario's similar version. I also played poorly.

In an attempt to be proactive in packing, I have been stuffing boxes and filling the trailer using it as a quasi storage unit. Reviewing the trailers current contents you would find an enormous and beautiful desk, car parts to my husband's unfinished '67 Camaro project, BBQ grill, freezer chest, and a various assortment of boxes. Following my review of the many contents left to be added, (including a new 7 piece bedroom set we will be picking up on the way out of town) I have come to the conclusion that I have failed to be a practical human being.

This conclusion stems from the following causes:
  1. I have too much stuff
  2. My husband has too much stuff PLUS his Army stuff
  3. It is ridiculous for anyone to have this much stuff
  4. I still want more stuff
I now find myself wondering if there is a solution. If so, how much work would be involved? And does life know that I am currently unemployed and do not want any more work?

I couldn't possibly leave my husband to figure this out on his own. In addition, I am anxious to get to Missouri by the end of next week, so I suppose I will need to accept the undeniably truth.

We have to completely unpack the trailer and reorganize it. Translation= Start over. 

We will be spending tomorrow playing a horrible game of Tetris. My only hope is that my husband is as good at Tetris as he is at Call of Duty.

1 comment:

  1. ok A) I adore your sense of humor and writing style, you are way too much fun to read!

    B) I so feel your pain! Been there and done that more than once, down to the same "stuff" lament. Hugs to you and hopefully the Tetris game will be easy tomorrow.... :)

    ReplyDelete