Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Brave Little Toaster... and everything else I need to pack

Following the onset of love and all that encompasses it, my husband and I are soon to move to Missouri. There is nothing frightening or horrible about our new venture, quite the opposite in fact. I find myself completely and utterly excited for the opportunity to face new and dreadful weather conditions, live a jobless fate, and live perilously staring a this computer studying endless courses online.

I imagine you are currently becoming overwhelmed with jealousy. I understand it is hard to not pine for my fortunes, but before jealousy blinds you from the point of view of a stranger which could quite possibly be your only opportunity at a meaningful relationship with an not-so-important blogger, just read little further.

In the midst of packing away my life, I had a moment which I realized something amazing. I am one of hundreds or thousands or more who have experienced the exact same actions I am undertaking now. I am over course only including military families in this scenario and not every person who has ever moved. I am packing away my beloved cowboy boots, my Dwight bobblehead, and my toaster just as many have before me. With the uncertainty of what life has in store, will I make new friends I can count on? How will I survive without my family so close? Where will I shop?

The comfort I felt with this realization is that I am not alone. This statement is played out. What it lacks in originality it makes up for in cliches and truth.

I suppose if you have humored my long enough to read this far, you have noticed my lack of fully serious demeanor. Rest assured I understand the seriousness of supporting a service member especially after making it through his first deployment. If there is anything I have learned in my short 24 years is that life is worth enjoying. Every scary, uncertain minute is worth a little extra effort.

This is my first post in my attempt to come out of my shy shell. I am changing my life for the better starting now, and you get to watch this change as it happens if you stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment